Types of Vitamin C
Benefits of taking Vitamin C
- Boost up immune system
- Antioxidant that prevent against free radicals that is harmful to the body
- prevent aging of skin as it aids in collagen production
Combinations of Vitamin C
- Effervescent Vit C
- Higher bioavailability
- Better absorption and fast acting
- Vit C with Bioflavonoids
- Increase absorption and antioxidant potency of vitamin c
- Buffered C and Ester C
- Usually combined with minerals a salt which is alkalizing eg. Calcium, potassium
- Suitable for those who has sensitive stomach/ gastric problem
- Vitmin C with B complex
- B complex increase energy levels and helps in coping with stress.
- Suitable for those who has a busy lifestyle
- Vitamin C with Vit E and Glutathione
- Glutathione is an extremely powerful antioxidant that is used as skin whitening agent due to its ability to inhibit melanin production
- Suitable for those who needs a good skin health
- Vitamin C with Garlic, Fenugreek and Horseradish.
- Help to relieve mucous congestion and symptoms of mild upper respiratory tract infections.
- Suitable for those who have sinuses.
Vitamin C Deficiency
- Can cause scurvy (Inflammation of the Gums).
- Fatigue as free radical stresses the body cells.
- Dry, damaged of the skin as vitamin c aids in collagen production.
- Causes slowly healing wounds as vitamin C deficiency slow the rate of collagen formation.
- Poor immune system.
1) Nature’s Own. (n.d). Triple Strength Garlic + C & Horseradish. Retrieve from https://naturesown.com.au/products/colds-immunity/triple-strength-garlic-c-horseradish/
2) Healthline. (n.d). 7 Impressive Ways Vitamin C Benefits Your Body. Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-c-benefits#section6
3) West. M (2018) Differences Between Ester-C and Vitamin C. Retrieved from https://www.livestrong.com/article/410822-differences-between-ester-c-vitamin-c/
Prepared by: Sia Mei Ting (Pharmacist)