Siti Nadziah Binti Chek Teh (ROE UTCS)
What is constipation exactly?
- Having difficulties empyting bowels usually associated with hardened feces
- slower than normal the movement of food waste(stool) through the digestive tract
- producing fewer than normal bowel movements
Constipation among Malaysian and World Population
- 20 and 35 per cent of the population suffer from constipation in silence (Raja Affendi,2019).
- Constipation is a common problem among urban folks, affecting an estimated 15-23% of women and approximately 11% of men in Asia (Nisha T.,2017)
- It accounts for over 2.5 million doctor visits per year.
- women become constipated 2-3 times as often as men.
- 60 percent women are report experiencing constipation symptoms of constipation at least weekly.
Causes of constipation
– Low fiber diet
– Processed food
– Refined carbs
– Emotional stress
– Certain medications
– Unhealthy gut
– Hormone problems
– Magnesium deficiency
– Bad bathroom habits
– Poor sleep
– Fiber supplement
– Laxatives teas,solution and tablets
– Temporary relief but can cause health problems such as dehydration, edema, electrolyte imbalance, colon damage
Natural relief strategis for constipation
High fiber foods like raw fruits,vegetables,beans, seed and nuts
Green leafy vegetables
Prunes and figs
Avoid these foods
Processed food like cheese, chips and ice cream
Ultra-processed foods like frozen pizza, snack, cakes, and cereal
Take these supplements.
- Flaxseed oil
- Physilium husk
- Cod liver oil
- Aloe Vera juice